Specialist Period Building Surveyors
Reports for listed buildings in Burton-on-Trent
Call 01785 500 501 or 0800 880 6024
As chartered surveyors, we have years of experience dealing with properties of all shapes and sizes across Burton-on-Trent and Staffordshire. But not all buildings present an equal challenge. As a structure gets older, it becomes more susceptible to building defects such as damp ingress, warped timbers, structural movement and various forms of wood rot. These problems can be hard to spot, expensive to rectify and potentially devestating to a property purchase or sale.
As such, we offer our expertise to clients in Burton-on-Trent looking to purchase an old, period or listed building - to help them uncover the secrets their new home is hiding, to plan for the future and to negotiate a reasonable purchase price.
Surveys come in all sorts of sizes and fee levels, with various reports available to suit any given property
We take pride in offering a bespoke range of services, which will help you purchase your new home safely and without fear of uncovering serious defects weeks after moving in.
For all listed and historic buildings, our advice and surveys are exclusively provided by David Roberts, the Managing Director and lead surveyor of Right Surveyors Staffordshire.
David has operated in the property surveying field for over 16 years and has worked on many different projects. You can read about his professional history below:
Meet our period building specialist
David Roberts MRICS
A chartered building surveyor of more than 10 years post-qualification experience, David started his career with an honours degree in valuation and surveying from Staffordshire University. A Staffordshire man all his life, his surveying career to-date stretches out over 16 years in the local property industry - assessing properties of all types, shapes, values and sizes. With years of experience behind him and a wide surveying portfolio, David provides a reliably accurate and thorough surveying service. He is passionate about conservation and preserving historic buildings, leading to a particular interest in period building surveys and assisting clients who are keen to move into a characterful old structure.
Why choose David as your surveyor?
- A passionate, approachable property consultant
- Competent, professional member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Years of experience working with old, period and listed buildings
- Hours every year spent keeping up to date with the latest conservation techniques
- A strict ethical code of conduct and professional integrity
Tailor-made reports for period & listed buildings
A good surveying company doesn't offer a single service, but several options - to suit each client's budget, property and timeframe. Unfortunately, some services - like the RICS HomeBuyer report and RICS condition survey - are template-based and therefore too restrictive for an old or complex building. These sorts of report should be avoided when considering an older property in favour of a bespoke inspection which allows the surveyor the time to investigate properly any serious issues found on site. The Right Surveyors in Burton-on-Trent offer the following bespoke services specifically designed for older structures:
- Full Building Survey (FBS)
- The most comprehensive, detailed survey format available for an old property.
- House Purchase Survey (HPS)
- Based on the Full Building Survey above, but delivered in a more concise way with less intricate detail
- Major Elements Survey
- Similar to the HPS above, but omitting aspects which aren't structurally significant - like decorations and joinery.
- Single Fault Assessment
- A letter-style report focusing in on just one problem or element of the property - often useful for insurance claims.